Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Grimm Mistresses: The Review


The review:

This collection of fairy tales is far from the sanitized versions we are used to seeing in today's media. From big bad wolves to nectar seeping goddesses, spirits of leopards, witches with fierce lusts and things that haunt the night wind, these tales are not for the faint hearted.

1.) Little Dead Red – Mercedes M. Yardley
2.) Nectar – Allison M. Dickson
3.) The Leopard’s Pelt – S.R. Cambridge
4.) Hazing Cinderella – C.W. LaSart
5.) The Night Air – Stacey Turner

I enjoyed every single one of these dark jewels but my absolute favorite was Little Dead Red by Mercedes M. Yardley. An original re-write of the Red Riding Hood tale, you won't expect the ending of this twisted little story. 

Nectar was a fantastical trip into the witches lair-futuristic style. Loved it!

The Leopard's Pelt was an exercise in the strength and weaknesses in all of us. Great story!

Hazing Cinderella was bold, sexy and  diabolically thrilling. The raw imagery was page turning. Excellent read!

The Night Air is every parents' nightmare. When children go missing how do you live your life? I too was waiting for a lottery to appear. It reminded me of Victoria Holt novels and I was enveloped in no time.

I also have to mention the gorgeous cover art. Wow! I would wear that on a shirt any day. Absolutely inspiring and beautiful!

5/5

Goodreads

Amazon

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review, Dana. I know I speak for all of us when I say thank you for your support of this project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!